Start preserving your car now!
The Motor Chain allows you to collect, maintain and update your vehicles´ history through a simple, powerful tool, backed by immutable blockchain technology.
Watch how easy it is
More than just a document management system, The Motor Chain lets you share your vehicle’s history, authorize service providers or certifiers to add to it, and even transfer the documentation seamlessly if you sell it.
A better way to manage, preserve, share and transfer the history of your classic vehicle throughout its lifetime.
Serving the whole community
- The easiest way to maintain your vehicle’s history
- Full control of access to vehicle’s documentation
- Immutable service and certification records
- 1-click history sharing and transfer
- Electronic notebooks and glove box
- Remotely access a vehicle’s history
- Validated vehicle owners
- Service record search engine
- Trusted vehicle provenance
- 1-click transfer of vehicle’s documentation
Workshops & Garages
- Direct interaction with a vehicle’s history
- Increased reputation and visibility in the community
- Remote access to the vehicle’s history for more accurate estimation
- The quickest and simplest way to document services
- Immutable records of services
- Do you have proof?This is an article by Beat Walti published in Automobile Club of Switzerland (ACS) Section Zurich magazine in February 2021.…
- A Journey to a New AwardWith warming weather in Europe and the US, numerous Concours events will be taking place in the upcoming months honoring remarking classic autos. Awards given at these…
- Classic Car SensesTwo Springs ago I was strolling around Puerto Banus in Marbella, Spain when I encountered a nice memory from my…
- The Duck TestThis is a guest article contributed by Steve Linden, noted American classic car expert, appraiser, and partner in Chrome Strategies…
- TMC in the News!
How it works
The Motor Chain enables the management, sharing and transfer of classic and collectible vehicles and their associated documentation.
It does this by first allowing the vehicle’s owner to establish an immutable record of its history to date by registering documents and creating events in The Motor Chain, and then enables continual, near real-time updating of its record through the platform.
These updates are managed through the platform’s intuitive interface, and to further simplify the process, trusted service providers and certifiers can be permitted to register events such as restorations or certifications of status to the vehicle’s history.
Backed by Blockchain
The Motor Chain will issue a cryptographic certificate to every single member of the community after verifying they are a real person or established business, and register it on the Hyperledger permissioned blockchain. This ensures that every single record – services, invoices, trips, certificates, or awards – is verified, and remains immutably linked to the vehicle, helping to prevent fraud in vehicle’s provenance and mileage.
To better support the restoration and tracking of classic vehicles, The Motor Chain has been designed to be able to track the chassis, transmission and engine separately.